Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advent Thoughts pt 1

I am reminded, given my low spiritual state at the beginning of this Advent season
that this is precicely why Christ came to die for us - to turn our wayward passions
back to the Father and that he came for us even while we were steeped in the
darkness of our rebellion against him, to libarate us from ourselves and conquer us
for the purpose of building the Kingdom of God in the hearts and minds of people.

Subdue and sustain me, Lord Jesus. I am prone to fight for rights I don't have, and
spit in your face when you tell me of the rights I do have - a son by adoption,
unable to be rejected. Thank you for your faithfulness when I am often faithless.
Help me to grow in grace and never forget your voice, ways, and works. Amen.


Oh, Ark come down to kiss
A black and stony heart
One who was not can not prevail
Against one who ever was

The blood spilled
From the Mercy Seat
Flowed down the wooden etiphice
To tear the veil that first concealed
Your Word from us and so reveal
That truly you are Emanuel - God with Us

Yet you were not content to dwell
Within a tent in Israel
But set your mind on ruling thus
Within the hearts of each of us
That you would call your sheep and sons
Grace thus bestowed to everyone
Who calls and is called Your Name, so sweet
Oh Glorious Christ, our Mercy Seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment