Monday, December 28, 2009

The Obligitory Purpose Statement, ect.

Greetings.

As my first semi-serious foray into the blogosphere, I thought I might add a bit of a purpose statement, and try to express succinctly what purpose another theological blog might serve.

One of the clearest issues in the Body of Christ today is that of community. It is community that I seek as I voice my opinions and seek to learn from other traditions of the faith, and hear the concerns of seekers and skeptics. I hope that critique can flow from both sides of debate and that we can find common ground, but first: my background.

I consider myself to be Reformed in my theology. I get fed the most by people like Augustine, Calvin, R.C. Sproul, John Piper, and Mark Driscoll (to name a few). I also seek to balance my theology by reading works of early church fathers, the puritans, and Christian classics. I do this because I believe that our problems are not the problems of the previous generations, but can correct our thinking on the places we are found wanting (for more on this, read "On the Reading of Old Books" by C.S. Lewis). I am married to a wonderful woman who is much more of a reader than I am and I just recently graduated from Columbia International University.

Well,  that's an overview. I hope the quality of these posts improves and that we can have good discussions, pray for each other, avoid quagmires, and die on hills that should be defended.

"For I do not understand in order to believe; I believe in order to understand. For I also believe that 'Unless I believe, I shall not understand'".   (Anselm, Proslogion)

No comments:

Post a Comment